Sunday, June 13, 2021

The Best Girlfriend


He wanted the best girlfriend... so did his friend.  







This cap, while hopefully enjoyable on its own, was an exercise for me.  It's been a long while since I set out a goal before making a cap but a recent post from Dee (of Dee-lusions of Grandeur) inspired me.  The primary thing she said that got under my skin was "Once you hit 2800 panels or so ,,, being repetitive isn't something you want to do. Not so much for the recipients and readers, but for yourself."  I completely agree with the sentiment but would say that it doesn't take 2000 panels.  I commented that I had stopped more than a few caps halfway in their tracks when I realized I was going down the path of a cap I'd created years ago.  

But what really got me thinking was what if I was taking that too far.  What if I COULD trek similar waters and still enjoy the process.  So I figured this morning would be a good opportunity to give it a go.  I went to 21 Naturals (its a pay site, but really worth it as its part of he Adulttime network!) and started browsing the images.  I really like the photography they use with the only problem being that not many images have the girls in clothes.  I didn't have any particular story in mind as I still wanted to be inspired.  When I came across this set, I focused in on the first image and the basic story came to me.  It's something I've used before and would normally move on as it wasn't new and didn't have a new twist.  The idea was two guys make a wish.  One changes into a girl and the other thinks it's his fault as he wanted a sexy girlfriend.  So the guy that's still a guy takes the new girl under his wing and does everything he can to help her.  Support her, be patient as she learns her body, of course falls in love with her as they were friends before and now shes gorgeous, and finally they have sex and live happily ever after.  And the zinger is that at the end, the now girl (now lover/fiancé/wife...) wished for the very same thing and has been loving living the pampered life.  

Without a new version or twist, I went ahead and wrote it out.  Is it derivative of an earlier work?  Yup.  Is it derivative of other people's works?  Yup.  Did I enjoy writing it out?  Yup.  So I guess I can call that a success.  I obviously won't go down this path often, but I'll hopefully let the fear of repeating myself stop me from creating anything at all.  

Design wise, I intended to do this just like any other cap I do now-a-days.  But as I got down to laying everything out, I thought it would be nice to have a more ethereal, almost dream-like, feeling.  It certainly wasn't required for the story, I just thought it would look good.  On a whim I made a reverse vignette, where instead of darkening around the center I lightened around it.  And to keep the 'dreamy' feeling going, I didn't make a text box per-say and instead faded it out into the background.  Now, that text box effect won't work in a lot of caps, but these images were already fairly light so it was easy to work it in.  More contrasty images would have trouble.  

Anyway, I ultimately hope you enjoy the cap.  


1 comment:

  1. I personally love it when I get to peek behind the curtain of cap creation, so this was a really nice one in that regard. And, yes, I'm okay looking at derivative ideas in that each derivation is new and nuanced in a different way!

    Joanna

    ReplyDelete