Saturday, July 2, 2022

A Caitlyn Masked Fable: It's Not Fair


Formally posting as a Fable

I've written extensively about this process in the two previous posts here and here.  More or less, I was curious if the last post published got more views between a cap and an obscura, or if it was the cap that got the more views.  It turns out it's whatever is published last.  Anywho, while making up this cap/obscura combination I ended up writing far to much and made a full fledged story/Fable out of it.  

Now, I could have published this 'Fable' post as soon as the story was published on Fictionmania (a day after the cap and obscuras went up), but I wanted the cap/obscura/post experiment to run a bit longer so I held back.  As of now, in order of the posts, Freshman Year Obscura has 2530 views while it's cap has 5191.  It's Not Fair cap has 1452 views while the Obscura has 3200.  

As far as I'm concerned, the experiment is over.  Whatever is posted last gets the most views.  For the future, I'll know not to publish multiple things in the same day.  It's rare for me to have multiple things to post anyway so it will be easy to hold the 'second one' back a couple days.  


BUT, I did want to have a separate post for the Fable version of this story.  


A quick synopsis for those only reading this for the Fable;  Two guys, a college alpha stud and his loser friend, sign up for an experiment that will change them for the better.  The change turns out to turn the loser friend into an alpha stud and the alpha into a submissive girlfriend.  It's not an overly complicated story and as you can probably tell from the image above, it's a lot about the sex by the end.  To read the full Fable click through and see it at Fictionmania.  


Another thing I did was to clean up the 'Fable' label here on the blog.  I'd used it a bit while talking about writing an ongoing story (Just Dance).  Sure, Just Dance might end up as a Fable, but right now it's just a work in progress.  Meanwhile, the two actual Fables I've published here were stuck at the bottom.  So, to fix it up and make it more like the Obscura label that just links to Obscuras, I edited it down so that all posts about writing bear that label while Fable is just for published Fables.  

Anyway, I hope that makes it easier and I hope you enjoy the Fable.  Oh, and while it's not fair to compare as Fictionmania has a FAR larger audience built in.... the Fable of It's Not Fair already has almost 8000 views (reads?).  


No comments:

Post a Comment