Sunday, November 19, 2023

Gamer Gurl - Another new story


I should REALLY finish a project before moving on...

I've started writing a new story.  I know, I should probably finish "You're Not The Boss Of Me" before moving on to a different project, but this is a new way of writing for me.  

In short, over at CHOYA I write a single chapter and publish it.  While I CAN go back and edit what has been written, I feel that it's unfair and would then just serve as a public test bed.  So instead I'm doing what I assume most do... writing and considering that part done once its published.   

Interestingly enough, other people can join and change the story.  OR, I can bypass what they've written and just make their story a branch in a 'Choose Your Own Adventure' style (that's actually what CHOYA stands for).  

In short, Gamer Gurl is the story of Nick who is a college student and hopeful game streamer.  He wants to make it big like another streamer in the area that started at the same time as him.  The same day he meets his idol streamer, an e-girl named Sarah, his apartment also burns down.  She promises she can fix it all and help him learn how to earn all the money he wants, he just has to do what she says.  And of course, that involves Nick turning into Princess BabyDoll... an e-girl gamer of her own.  

I'm ten chapters in at about 28,000 words.  This format excites me and is addicting so I've written more for this story in a week than I have for You're Not The Boss Of Me in a month.  

Head on over and lemme know what you think.  And unlike my other projects, I can say this earnestly... dive on in with me if you'd like!  I'd welcome someone coming in to write off of!  

If you want to hear more about the process I've used and what got me interested (as well as links to some good authors and stories over at CHYOA), I wrote up a longer post on my other blog.  

No comments:

Post a Comment