Wednesday, January 10, 2024

What's She Doing Home!?


I had it all planned out!


I had this image for several days.  I initially found it on a discord server and immediately had the basics of the story.  He/she is hiding, hoping to not be found out in all his/her feminine finery.  Beyond that, I kept circling different specifics.  Like for instance, who is he/she hiding from?

  • His wife?
  • His friends?
  • His boss?
And what are the consequences of him being found out?  Is he dressed well enough to fool those he's hiding from?  You all know that's one of my favorite sub-themes... having to fool those around you by being the perfect girl.  Maybe it's his boss, and now he'll have to act like the perfect little secretary.  Maybe it's his friends and he'll have to act like a girl as they hit on her.  Maybe it's his wife and he'll have to act like his own mistress.  

And a lovely part of that initial idea is what are the consequences of him being found out?
  • His wife forcing him to remain a girl
  • His friends making him their 'weekend girl'
  • His boss firing him
All of these kept worming and combining and growing more complex in my head as this image sat on my desktop.  I probably could have ripped something out quick as a tumblr post or obscurra, but my migraines have been relentless lately and I now have a cold on top of that.  

I'm not feeling particularly better today, but I DO want to create.  So I opened up this image and thought of the story while looking at it.  The wife idea came strongest.  He has a good relationship with his wife, but she doesn't approve of his cross dressing.  They played with it earlier in their relationship, but where he just wanted to dress up and maybe play a bit in the bedroom, she wanted more.  She wanted to completely feminize him.  She finally laid down the law that it was either her way... complete feminization... or nothing.  So over the years he played a bit when she was at work or out of town.  He couldn't hide away his own clothes or makeup, but he convinced her to get somethings that he'd like to wear.  Stockings instead of her preferred pantyhose.  Stilettos instead of her preferred chunky heels.  His only unique thing would be his wig and his breast forms.  Maybe a corset, but I seem to be stuck on a corset 'thing' lately and I'm trying to break out of it.  

Anyway, I liked that idea.  He finally gets a full weekend while she's away on work and I could cover his full transformation.  Full on shaving, a chastity cage to keep his cock in check, makeup and hair.  Detail him putting on the clothes and the thrill that everything gives him from the lacy 'barely there' panties and bra to the smooth silk opaque stockings.  Finally slipping into his new heels and marveling at how they make his legs sexier and his ass push out while he learns to walk smoothly in them.  And then she'd drive up and he's panic, not wanting to be found out.  But as she parked and started walking up to the front door with her suitcase, he'd slip and fall and....

And nothing.  I didn't have a next step.  And while I kind of liked the story, I knew it was overly complicated for such a great photo.  I mean, just look at it without any text:


Doesn't that image just scream "OH FUCK!"

And then it hit me.  It's not a really large image but at 1080x1147 it was large enough that I could make it a cap.  Being a cap, it would be really small and focused as there just wasn't a lot of room.  I looked at it a bit and tried to figure out where I'd put the text and then the next pointy heeled shoe fell... as there isn't an ideal place for a text box while keeping it aesthetically beautiful, I could make it a Kinetic Text cap.  That would force me to make the story even shorter and let me fill in the space all that much better!

I already had the image open in Photoshop so I just started typing, leaving the font on whatever I had last used and just started typing with the most basic and important line "What's She Doing Home!?"

Next up came the consequences of being caught.  Once I had that and established the style of the text, I moved on to how guilty he was by laying out what he was wearing.  

Design wise I liked it.  I needed a kicker line for the bottom to even out the line on the top, but I needed to work on the design a bit first.  The background image has a lot of varying colors and tones.  From fairly bright white/greys to dark tones.  I messed around with various ways to make the text 'pop' like a stroke (that's the line around the text like in the first line), a shadow, and a glow (around the smaller text).  But none of it worked with all of the text, especially the smaller text on the left vs the smaller text on the right.  I could have used different pop techniques, but one thing I like about Kinetic Text caps is how simple they are.  I like forcing myself into that same box, so I kept plugging away.  

Finally, the simplest answer came to me.  If I can't make the text pop out from the background, hide the background.  I mean, it's what I do in almost all caps with a text box.  It took a little futzing as Photoshop has changed the way they use gradients in the last version, but I finally got it together.  

If I'm fully honest, I'm not 100% happy.  I could add some more to the consequences and the dressing.  I had all the text close to lined up, but they're not perfect.  And the text boxes themselves could use some more pushing and primping to be better.  BUT, considering I'm sick and still have a migraine, I think I did pretty good.  The last thing was adding the last lines.  

I liked the repeated but growing 'Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck!!' progression but it still needed more as I needed to indicate he was hiding.  And as soon as I wrote "All I can do now is hide here..." I had that little kicker line come to mind.  It was the perfect fun twist as it turned the rest of the cap on its head.  AND it explained, at least to me, why he/she was so perfectly coifed if he was hiding it from his wife.  He'd been doing this for a long time and was ready to take the next step.  

I initially had the line in just like the others, with the glow to help it pop against the background.  I added my watermark, saved the file, saved it as a jpg, and made the header graphic.  But as I took one final look before writing this up, I realized I wanted that last line a little more hidden.  Almost like he can't believe he's thinking it himself.  DID he want to be found out?  Had he been dreaming about it, but was now caught and this was forcing his hand?  I don't know, but I liked it being more hidden.  I doubt anybody will miss it.  But if they do, they've read an entirely different cap.  

Anyway, hope you like it.  I'm satisfied that the cap is a good use of this image that I really liked.  Lemme know what YOU think!


  

Oh, and I have these two images yet on my desktop:



I have ideas for both.  The black and white one has been on my desktop for a long time, but the story just doesn't mesh in my head yet.  The maid one is from earlier today (another discord find) and has a sharper story idea.  I think I'll take a stab at the black and white image but will likely fail again and write out the maid one.  It's not big enough to make a cap out of, so it most certainly will go up as a tumblr post.  
  

5 comments:

  1. I like the little twist at the end... she is hoping to be found out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Caitlyn, great caption. Why can't the B&W photo be the genesis of a sissy sold to a man story? Perhaps a reluctant roommate with submissive traits getting dominated? Perhaps an employee found dressed after hours at work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Karrie! Thanks for the compliment on the cap!

      As for the B&W photo, all of those are fine ideas but they're not what comes to my mind, so I wouldn't be the best to write it. My main problem with all of those are simply time based. Especially the reluctant roomie and employee... I can get behind a guy being shaved, having long enough hair to style either masculine or feminine, and even sneakily wearing makeup... but those breasts are pretty significant.

      I've written around problems like this before, but it's because the image inspired me and I pushed through. As I said above, this image doesn't inspire me that way.

      TBH, I'm probably going to dump the photo. I've had it saved on my desktop since November and still haven't written it. The thought behind the photo has always been a man and wife going to a special B&D club where they cater to fantasies. She wants to be more submissive, he wants to be more dominant. Mixup occurs and the club swaps the couple's bodies and 'he' in 'her' body gets the submissive fantasy. I just don't have a story around that idea and at this point, one hasn't come to me in over two months. It probably won't now.

      Again, thanks for the compliment and the ideas. Keep 'em coming!

      Delete
  3. Fabulous images and would defiantly love to read a more detailed story of the 1st one wife coming home and finding that image of beauty and fear before taking control of the situation.
    Image 2 with it B&W in my mind a image from a dream of a sub wishing to be this vison of beauty and be used by either a stranger or someone they lust after.
    Image 3 well is a living dream who wouldn't love to be a maid ready to serve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, the cap story would be fun to continue. But, like most caps and shorter stories, I'm pretty much done with it once I post it. I won't come back to it and make something longer.

      For the B&W image, I'm trying to think if I've ever written a story from a true submissive's perspective. I don't think I have, hence the 'forced' in Forced Femme. Not a bad idea though.

      And the maid I actually did make a tumblr post out of it. I like it: https://www.tumblr.com/caitlynmasked/739322213894946816/johhnys-parents-are-great-when-he-got-accepted

      Delete