Monday, June 20, 2022

It's Not Fair!!


Life just isn't always fair!


So funny story about this.  I'm on a bit of a vacation and today is my 'nothing to do day'.  I honestly didn't expect to make a cap but when I saw this image on Saragirl's Sissy Confessions I just got this idea immediately.  It was a quick enough write up and it fell into a standard design easily enough.  I was very happy with it and ready to post when it struck me that I might be able to do more with this.  

I commented on "Freshman Year Changes A Boy" that I liked the obscura version better, but the cap got a lot more views.  At that time it was 1,848 views for the cap and 864 for the obscura.  Now it's up to 4421 for the cap and 2073 for the obscura.  But I also wondered if that was because the cap was the 'first' post on the page.  Well... I wanted to try it again and this seemed like a good opportunity as I had nothing to do and a fun story to work with.  

So, instead of posting the cap immediately, I started writing the obscura version out.  Maybe it was the story, maybe it was the sexy Maruv videos I was watching on youtube (seriously, go watch any of her music videos and you'll faint dead away!), but I kept writing and writing and writing and writing.  I ended up with a story longer that Opels and Pearls on Fictionmania!  Now if I posed that long of a story up as an obscura that wouldn't exactly be fair as it's nearly three times the length of the Freshman Year Obscura.  

So, I wrote it again.  Well, technically I pulled out parts of it and wrote pieces to bridge them together.  It works as an obscura, but it's missing a bunch of the fun squirmy details from the full story.  Here's what I'm going to do.  I'm posting this cap and will have the obscura version up soon after so that it will be the 'first' post on the page.  Tomorrow I'll read over the story and see if it can be cleaned up more or even added to, then I'll post it to Fictionmania.  I won't make a Fable post to it here as I still want the cap and obscura posts to get the attention over the next week or so, but I'll link it both here and in the obscura post.  


Anyway, hope you like all three versions!  


---------------------------
06/22/2022 update

Two things.  First, the experiment is over as far as I'm concerned.  Sure, the cap might one day catch up but as of writing this this post has 702 views while the more recent (by a minute) obscura has 1762 views.  Whatever the more recent post is gets the views.  It makes sense, but it's nice to have data to back up.  

Second, the story is now posted on FictionmaniaThe story is a LOT more expansive than this cap and quite a bit more expansive than the obscura.  As I don't have a lot to say about the story outside of what's already said here I won't make a specific post about it.  Instead I'll just add the 'Fables' tag to this post so later I'll be able to find it.  

If you'd like to let me know what you think about the story or the cap/obscura/story, you can post here or post on fictionmania.  Either way, I appreciate the views!  

No comments:

Post a Comment