Monday, May 18, 2020

The Progress of an Artist

Thank you T.S. Elliot



This was a fun little cap to make.  I started with this image that I found at fuskator.  As you can see, there are a wide variety of lovely images to pick from, but this one in particular stuck out because of the background.  It hit me almost as soon as I saw it... a guy who sacrifices everything for his art and ends up sacrificing his gender as well, all for his/her art.

That idea just kind of simmered though.  I couldn't get a lot of traction as I wrote, so I did a quick google search for sacrifice and art.  Thank you T.S. Elliot!  That quote fit perfectly what I was going for and made the rest of the story fall into place.  It's certainly more ephemeral and fanciful when compared to my gross and in your face full of details cap... but that's part of what I like about it.

Hope you enjoy it!

1 comment:

  1. Well done sweetie. In the end, becoming a housemaid is probably something you might enjoy.

    Karl

    ReplyDelete