Tuesday, February 24, 2015

It Was Bound To Happen

Blogger says I have to go
I'm sure most of you have heard of Blogger's new TOS.  In a nutshell, adult blogs are being shutdown.  As there's really no way to qualify my work as anything BUT adult, it means this blog will be shutdown.

I have to tell you that I'm not sure how to feel about that.  It's not as though I've been keeping this blog active since June of 2014.  I've only made four posts since then and those were all a basic effort to keep the blog up.

As I see it, there are three options ahead of me.


  1. Keep the blog up.  It will go 'private' and people will have to have direct permission from me to get in.  
    • That's a lot of effort for almost no return.  I want people to be able to see what I've put up here, but I'm not going to ask anybody to jump through the hoops of 'joining' just to see behind Blogger's curtain.  I remember when I started enjoying blogs and I wouldn't have given out that type of information.  Hell, I wouldn't put out that information NOW unless I had a direct referral that the blog master was trustworthy and that the information behind the curtain was worth it.  
  2. Move the blog.  There are other services out there.  I haven't explored them, but even tumbler (yuk) is available.  I'm sure it wouldn't be too much effort to move the blog and for the services that want adult blogs I'm sure there will be 'moving' tools set up to make it even easier. 
    • You know that I'm anal about design (stop snickering).  IF I move my blog over it will undoubtedly take SOME level of effort to make it look anything like this current blog.  That effort may well required editing individual posts.  That's a lot of effort and speculation to simply 'maintain' an old web presence.   I'm not sure moving it is worth it. 
  3. Shut it down.  

I'm seriously leaning toward that third option.  I want things to stay as they are, but I'm just afraid that's not one of the options.  I still have my 'private' blog and will maintain that as I please.  But that leaves my caps as only available behind a different curtain.  Rachel's Haven.  It will litteraly be the final haven of my caps.  I'm fairly sure all of my caps are over there as I went back sometime ago and posted my 'blog exclusive' caps there too.  The writ ups... well those will be gone.  The comments... those will be gone.  The conversations... gone.  

It looks like this will finally be goodbye.  If anybody out there that isn't part of the Haven wants a copy of any caps, this is the time to get them.  Once Blogger marks the blog as 'private' I'll finish their job and delete the whole thing.  

4 comments:

  1. Wordpress lets you import your blog directly from blogger. Seems a bunch of people are moving over there as the setup is very similar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you'd rather not shut every thing down, I could help you move everything to Tumblr or Wordpress (or somewhere else of your choosing). Just let me know if I or anyone else can help you.

    Wish you the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've given this some more thought. Right now I'm still siding with 'shutting it down', but I'll give wordpress a good look before I make my final decision. I won't accept tumblr as I just don't approve of their easy peasy sharing system.

    ReplyDelete