Monday, January 20, 2020

Fucking Camaro

What kind of Camaro!?



When I saw these images over at Fuskator I looked at them first for the car and second for the girl.  Okay, maybe it was equal car and girl, but the car was certainly a big part of it!  If you didn't know, I'm a car nut.  Since getting my job back in 2013 I've had 4 different cars.  I've yet to pay one off or even finish the lease I had before my wandering eyes picks something else.  Having a Camaro was always a dream of mine, but they just didn't fit into what I wanted.  Thankfully, the muscle/sports car gods smiled down upon me and I now have a Mustang!

Anywho, I thought this would make a fun tongue in cheek cap, going on about all the sexual feminine things 'John' did to this guy and then sticking the landing with making it a car cap instead.

I'll admit I put almost no effort into the design.  It's just the standard drop the text into a box type story with a few zingers outside of the box.  The one thing that really gets under my skin though is the title.  I knew from the beginning that I'd have the title 'Fucking Camaro' over to the side running vertical.  But when I placed it, the fact that the text didn't line up with the retaining wall really bothered me.  I tried making the text just a bit smaller so I could have that delineating line between he wall and the sky line up between the Fucking and the Camaro in the title, but then the cap was entirely too top heavy.  And with the crop I'd already worked on, I couldn't even move the zingers or the story down without covering up the car.  I probably futzed with it for a good 10 minutes before giving up and just leaving it 'bad'.

Anyway, if you want to read more about my car fascination or my new Mustang (her name is Nina!), you can catch the whole story over at my other blog.  Just click on the Car Fun label and it will narrow all the posts down to ones that deal with cars.  Or, you know... just zoom in and look at this cap some more!

4 comments:

  1. " but then the cap was entirely too top heavy." As is the model! RIM SHOT!

    That's what SHE said!

    Sometimes you are so ANAL about minute design issues! Heh, anal!

    Glad to see you do let things go occasionally now. Is that a theme for 2020?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if its a full on 'theme'. If it is, I've been working on that theme for a couple years now, especially on things outside of capping. But that would be a good theme to have, right?

      Delete
  2. I have a question. Are those actually shoes she's wearing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, those are real heels. Click through to the fuskator image gallery and there are several photos with a better angle on them. I ALMOST considered picking another image because it wasn't a good look for the shoes, but everything else was perfect. Her facial expression, her pose, and of course the car!

      Delete