Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sex Surrogate

Beware who you help out!

I'm not going to say much about this cap.  I worked on an off with this for awhile, but it never really seemed 'good' to me.  The story started out a bit longer, but it felt a little heavy.  So upon a recommendation, I trimmed it down and down and down.  At one point I had it about half this length, but when I read it with fresh eyes, it felt too barren.  So I this is the happy (or unhappy as the case may be) medium I came up with.

I played around quite a bit with the image itself (all color, all b&w, and so many mixtures in between that I forgot most of them), with the layout (bigger text, smaller text, moving the boxes around, changing the background image...)  and as I said before I played with the story itself.

But no matter what I did, it didn't feel right.  The minute I decided to let it lie for awhile, I created three caps.  All of them came to me easily, and all of which I am far happier with.  So I have chosen the low road, and am ready to call this done.

2 comments:

  1. I think it flows very well and is quite a fun read. Everything fits very well with the source picture and you put an interesting twist on an older idea. you're too hard on yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete