Thursday, March 16, 2023

Missing the Point


Retro is always cool!


This was a fun one.  I found the image several days ago and it just SCREAMED that it was a story.  Or a cap.  Or an Obscura.  Or a Tumblr.  Regardless of what it's form was, it was SCREAMING it.  Nothing came to mind immediately story wise, so I saved it.  Now you know me by now, I'm normally pretty bad about going back to an idea and finishing it.  I rarely go to any kind of 'saved images' folder and pull out an image that I liked to finish.  Even my writing takes forever because I'm bad at going back and finishing it.  But this one was a little different as I saved it to my desktop.  Therefore I looked at it every day.  I'd pull up the image and look at it to see what sparked an idea.  

There's a lot of things that I could pull from to form a story.  First, she's just adorable, so I didn't need to reference anything specifically in the photo.  I could just make a story about her.  Then there's the odd combination of her clothes.  Stockings with a garter, sexy panties, and a cut off T-shirt?  My mind stayed there for a bit, going over a story about how he was fighting his transformation by wearing a t-shirt instead of a given bra to finish off his/her new look.  Maybe he was playing the games and any time he didn't get the high score he had to put on a new piece of clothing, and that clothing changed his body to match.  Panties gave him a pussy, stockings and garter gave him the legs and skin, makeup gave him the face... you get the idea.  And then there's the retro vibe.  While I couldn't identify any of the cartridges directly, I could easily identify the Atari 2600, the Pocket Simon, and the Etch A Sketch.  I honestly have no idea what the stuffed bunny is (is it... smoking a cigarette?), but even her t-shirt fit that vibe.  

So, each day I'd pull it up and try to think of a story.  I didn't try to force it, just look at the image and see what swam to the surface.  Finally today I focused on her face, specifically her expression of satisfaction (at least that's how I read her expression).  I tried to think how she's be satisfied and I immediatly thought of what would make me satisfied in that photo (besides being transformed into her body!).  And honestly, while I doubt I'd play with any of these things for more than a few minutes, I'd LOVE to have that retro gaming extravaganza.  They'd all bring back great childhood memories.  I actually have an old Commie 64, its monitor, and its disk drive, but they don't have their original boxes so their value online isn't all that much.... and there it hit me!  

The story fell quickly into place.  Betting for these retro games, having a wife being upset about it, being so super excited that it included the box, and almost glossing over the fact that he turned into this little sex pot of a girl.  And since I'd had this on my mind for more than a few days, I decided it deserved the full cap workup.  

Design wise I didn't tread any new ground except that I wanted a better font for the title.  I just searched Google for 'Atari 2600 Font' and... well, those fonts are really quite dull but one site had a bunch of retro gaming fonts and this one frankly stuck out because of its name:  'My Girl Is Retro'.  Hell yeah, my girl IS retro!  Thank the Goddess that the font actually looks good because I was locked into it by name alone.  Color wise there wasn't much to work from in the photo itself, so I used the Simon colors.  The yellow didn't quite work anywhere, so I just stayed with the RGB.  About the only thing I'm on the fence about is the cropping.  I couldn't get the text boxes to quite fit where I wanted as I wanted to focus on the Atari controllers and the Etch A Sketch, but it also felt empty when I didn't pull the image in.  I also miss seeing her feet.  Here's the original image:


I think the layout works better as I have it, but you can see the original spaces I wanted to work with in the upper left and lower right.  

Anyway, I think this was a fun cap.  Hope y'all like it! 

2 comments:

  1. Damn! I'm betting it's an original 6 switch Atari 2600 too! With the paddles! As long as it's not the Sears Telegames Video Arcade re-badge!

    We had a 2600 when I was a kid, and pretty much all those games scattered around the hot and sexy Serena Gomez. I was mad because some friends ended up getting a Coleco Vision, but back about 25 years ago I found a Sega Dreamcast disc that had an emulator with 300 or so CV games, so that worked out in the long run. Let's see, I've owned at some point in the past or present, an old pong machine, Atari 2600, Atari 7800, Atari Jaguar, Atari Lynx, Commodore 64 (with 1541 floppy drive and an Okimate 10 printer) Intellivision, NES, Super NES, Nintendo 64, Game Boy, Game Boy DS, Nintendo WII, 3DO, Sega Genesis, Sega CD, Sega Game Gear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Xbox, Xbox 360, X box One, and a Sony Playstation.

    One thing I haven't had in the past, present, or future, is a body and face like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is quite the game system collection Dee! Let's see, I had an Atari 2600 (I believe it was the 4 switch version), a Commodore 64, an NES, Super NES, Amiga 500, Amiga 4000, PC Gaming, and finally bought an Xbox One S (in all honesty, I bought it as a cheap blue ray player!). Never got into portable gaming, Sega, or Playstations.

      The Atari was beloved in our family and I believe was replaced twice. The Commodore 64 was so beloved that it was replaced like four times. We probably should have upgraded to the 128. We had the tape drive, the disk drive, a couple different dot matrix printers, and a TV/Monitor combo. The NES was replaced after a particularly frustrating gaming session.
      The A500 was replaced a few times too. Then there was the A4000 that died under warranty 2 months after Commodore went out of business, voiding the warranty.

      You know, looking at all the 'replaced' up there... my family was kind of hard on gaming consoles and computers!

      Delete