Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Gamer Gurl and other writing updates

Did I mention I'm writing and publishing a story one chapter at a time?  Okay.  Did I mention that it's now the longest piece of fiction I've ever written?   Yeah, come on in and check it out.  

Back in November I posted about Gamer Gurl, the story that was taking me away from You're Not The Boss Of Me.  Since then, I've continued adding to it when I can.  Each chapter is about 2,500 words and earlier this morning I posted chapter 34.  That ends up being over 89,000 words.  For comparison's sake, Just Dance, my previously longest piece of fiction, is about 76,000 words.  

And I'm not done with Gamer Gurl yet.  I still have at least another few chapters for this part.  I say 'part' because this doesn't even scratch the surface of the full story I had in mind.  There might be another entire 'half' of the story left to tell, but I think I've reached a natural conclusion for this first part.  

Anyway, as this is just discussing the writing, this post will be over on my other blog.  I just wanted to give a heads up here as I know many of my readers here are interested in my other writings.  In that post, I talk primarily about Gamer Gurl, but also talk about the status of You're Not The Boss Of Me, possible next projects, and even about the possibility of me starting up a pay service.  Head on over to my other blog for all the details! 


1 comment:

  1. The call of CYOA stories is intoxicating! Honestly the instant feedback that I sometimes get as opposed to having to write a story and wait until it's published for it is my favorite part. And the collaboration when it happens.

    ReplyDelete