Monday, February 12, 2024

A Caitlyn Masked Fable - Gamer Gurl: Origins

The first part of a trilogy?

If you've followed along, you know that I've been writing a story over at CHYOA.com called Gamer Gurl.  I started it in November of 2023 and finished about a week ago.  

Writing over at CHYOA.com means writing a chapter and publishing it.  I wrote about the first third of this story without any idea of how it was going to go or end.  Once I realized that this was going to be me alone and not a collaboration with anybody, I started to think forward and get an idea of where the story was going.  I didn't let it change the whole "write one chapter at a time" but the more I wrote, the more I realized that it would be far FAR longer than I was intending.  

Up until now, I've called the story "Gamer Gurl".  Well, that title is staying but it's going to be like "Star Wars".  Gamer Gurl is the over arching story.  And this first part, part one of a planned trilogy, is now called "Gamer Gurl: Origins".  

Very briefly, this is the story of a college aged gaming streamer who meets up with one of his streaming idols, a sexy girl named DragonGirl069 online and Sarah in real life.  After a tragedy strikes, our hero ends up accepting help from Sarah where she promises she can not only make him his money back, but can make him more money than he ever thought, all just by streaming.  

I'm sure you can imagine what part of her help entails.  

Anyway, if you want to know more, I've written plenty about it previously and over at my other blog.  If you haven't read any of that and just want to head over to the story at Fictionmania, here are the links to the individual chapters:

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

Chapter 4

Chapter 5

Chapter 6

Chapter 7

Chapter 8

The story will end up being eight chapters.  

Just as "A New Hope" stands alone as a single movie while at the same time serving as the first part of a Star Wars trilogy, this story can stand alone but is hopefully only the first part in a Gamer Gurl trilogy.  

If you'd like to know more, I've written far more about the process of writing this and where I hope the story goes over at my other blog.  I also go over what my next project might be.  

Please feel free to leave me any feedback you'd like as I honestly want to hear what you think.  You can add feedback at Fictionmania, on this post, or on the post at my other blog.  I'll obviously keep track at all locations.  

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment