Monday, February 26, 2024

It's A Man's World - New Story Project

Now that Gamer Gurl: Origins is posted, it's time for another project.  

Looking back, I see that my last cap is from January 10th.  To be honest, I really wish I was inspired to write a cap.  There's just something so pleasing about that process and it of course scratches my design side in a way that writing a story doesn't.  But, I don't control my inspiration and lately it's been more about putting words to screen rather than playing in Photoshop. 

Anyway, I'm starting a new story.  It's A Man's World.  

This is going to be something quite different from my other Fables.  Those all were strongly based in 'reality'.  Yes, I took liberty with technologies that can make a man look like a woman, but while writing them I was going for a feeling of "yeah, that could happen" or even "I could see myself in that situation".  This one?  Yeah, no.  It's Sci-Fi to the extreme.  

It will be my first Fable involving a complete gender change.  The protagonist starts out a 'normal' man and ends up an 'ideal' woman with breasts, vagina, and complete female anatomy.  It's also going to be one of my first fables that's more about the sex than it is about the transformation.  I mean, come on, all of Gamer Gurl: Origins is about the transformation and it barely has any sex in it.  I'm about 5000 words into It's A Man's World and I'm just about to do the transformation.  I imagine by the end of the next chapter, the protagonist will be all woman.  The transformation will happen all at once while the specific changes might take a bit to fully express themselves.    

I can hear the question now.  If this isn't about the transformation, is it just about sex?  Yes and no. I can say, with full sincerity, that this is a story with a developed character story.  It's also going to be exploring three types of societies and how they're all dealing with a world that has less women and even less fertility.  It also has the basic 'MacGuffin ' that they need information from the future in order to save their present.  

I won't go into to much detail here and instead point you in two different directions.  First, you can head over to read the story at CHYOA.  Remember, this is a place that I post chapter by chapter.  As I write this post, I have two chapters up and hope to have at least another one later today.  But as you visit the page, that number will increase.  Second, if you want to read more about the story and the process of writing it, you can click over to my other blog and read about it there.  

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the story!  

No comments:

Post a Comment