Thursday, March 7, 2024

Social Media


We're all social animals


As I mentioned in my last post (A Man of my word), I want to explore this older design a bit more.  I'd like it to get good enough where I can imagine it better.  For instance, this cap had two problems while I was making it.  First was that after writing the story, I didn't think the text would take up this much space.  I was imagining something more like 2/3 this width.  It's not a bad thing that it takes up more space, I just want my design mind to be better at predicting what a story will look like with a particular image.  The second problem was the title.  I forgot it.  

It's kind of a big deal as My design left no space for it.  The cap was perfectly balanced.  The image, being narrower, but taller, with all it's glorious color balanced the text and text box with its more width but limited color pallet.  Especially when I had the almost completely red background in place.  It felt and looked 'Right'.  But throwing a title in?  Now, to me at least, the cap is overweighted to the right.  it feels like it wants to lean that way.  And now I can't help but stare at that empty space on the bottom right.  There should be something there.  I thought about throwing the logos down there, but they just didn't look right and I enjoyed putting them over the background on the photo, especially as I could emphasize the OnlyFans logo by having it be the only thing ON her.  

I'm also remembering one of my frustrations with the cap format.  Story length.  This story feels wonderful, but cut down to far.  Imagine a near novel length version of this.  A group of criminals wanting to get past a new social media crawling AI, making one of their own into a ditzy, air-headed, bimbo social presence, but realizing that they have to constantly push out content for months in order to build up enough of a presence to fool the damned machine.  And while he initially is bright and articulate, the constant state of being in that ditzy sexed up role makes him more and more and more INTO that persona.  He can't fake posting about makeup, he has to put it on and show it off.  He can't fake shopping trips, he has to go shopping.  He can't fake going to clubs, he has to go to clubs.  He can't fake dancing with men, he has to dance with men.  He can't fake waking up femmed up, he has to sleep and wakeup femmed up.  There are a lot of scenes in there that would be a lot of fun to write/read.  

Now, realistically, this as a story is far to close to Gamer Gurl.  Fake living a femmed up life and becoming that femmed up life, but you get the idea that this feels cut off to me.  

Anywho, I like the cap well enough.  Not as much as A Man of my word, but well enough.  

1 comment: