Friday, March 27, 2020

My Stories, My Fables

Fable:  a story about supernatural or extraordinary persons or incidents; legend:
Yeah, I think that definition will work well.

If you've been here awhile, you've known my desire, struggle, and ultimate failure to write a longer cohesive story.  Even as my caps and my Obscuras got longer and longer, I continued to think I couldn't produce a stand alone story.  My most recent missive about this was "Length Matters" where I talked about what length actually constituted a short story.  I won't cover all that ground as you can read it there, but I believe any story that doesn't have a corresponding image and/or is at least 3000 words long will be a story.

Or a fable.

Since posting "Length Matters" I took the next step and published in what I believe is the primary location to publish free to read TG fiction... Fictionmania.  I had already published a couple stories there, but I've added a few more of my longer Obscuras, just without their corresponding images.  So far I've published:
  • Crashing Down   
  • Coming Home   
  • Maid to be his   
  • Submit   
  • Temp   
  • Id   
  • Weekend Wife   
  • Dirty Work   
  • Taking Care of my Guys 
  • Kneel   
  • Manipulative Stepmother   
  • Role Model   
  • Happiness Found   
  • My Role In Their Threesome  

I won't post to them individually as you can easily search Fictionmania by author.  Simply look for Caitlyn Masked.  

Now, technically everything I write and post either here or at Fictionmania is a story.  Whether I give it the whole graphical work out and call it a Cap (captioned image), throw it up here with just an image and call it an Obscura, or post it on Fictionmania where most would call it a Story.  Or a short story.  Or a novela (if long enough).  As everything is a story, I wanted to differentiate it for those here that aren't interested in something with no images.  So that's where 'Fable' comes in.  It will be the category I use to designate something as a story at Fictionmania.  

And just as I use a unique graphical header to show all of you that I'm posting an Obscura, I've made up a variation of that for my Fables.  Yes, it's entirely derivative of the Obscura headers, but then again my Fables are derivative of my Obscuras, so I'm okay with that.  

Now naturally I wouldn't make a post all about the butcher shop and not include any meat.  This past Sunday night I posted the first Fable at Fictionmania that wasn't based on an Obscura previously posted here.  Another way to put that;  I posted my first original story at Fictionmania.  


The synopsis I put there:  A man and his wife submits to a sex club and the feminizing domination of a couple to enhance their careers.

I'm trying to keep proper decorum at Fictionmania and will try to keep my synopsis there short and sweet.  As I know my audience here might want to know a little more before committing to a longer read (Opals and Pearls comes in at just under 6,800 words!) I'll post a little more while trying to keep the ending worth getting to.  

So, Opals and Pearls is about a couple that get a membership into an exclusive club.  The club itself is also a sex club  The husband merely wants to use the clubs prestige, however, to better network and find clients.  Eventually his wife, Opal, suggests he accept an older woman's offer of sex as all the best networking seems to happen in the sex area and in fact insists since membership in the club isn't worth the price unless they make those professional contacts.  

He eventually succumbs to her logic and as you can all probably guess, the woman likes her 'girly men' and gives him a slight makeover.  The woman entices him in again with the promise of help with his business and takes his transformation even further.  This goes on for awhile and eventually includes the woman's husband taking Opal as his lover while helping her career.  

If I were to put my own categories on this, I could include Anal, Blow Job, Bondage, Cross Dressing, Forced, and even Sweet.  Yes, I believe ultimately this is a sweet story even though it's forced (or maybe better... coerced).  

If you're not interested in reading my longer Fables like this, I won't hold that against you at all.  Like what you like, and consume from me only what you like.  But if you do like these longer Fables, I hope you'll head on over to Fictionmania and read it.  You can comment here if you'd like or there as I'll try my best to keep  up on both sites (although Fictionmania doesn't give a good way to keep up on comments, especially from older works).  

I don't imagine this will be a regular thing as writing like this takes a lot out of me.  I do still have two stories/Fables that I'm working on, but they aren't really close to being finished.  

Oh, and one last word about publishing timeline.  Publishing at Fictionmania isn't instantaneous.  When I go through the process, someone reads the story and formats it to Fictionmania's standard.  Only then does it go live on the site.  According to their FAQ, this process can take hours or days.  So far, all of mine have taken overnight.  I upload it in the morning, and it's available the next day.  I won't make a post here regarding a new Fable until its available to read, so you might see it's been up on Fictionmania for a day or so.  I'm not giving Fictionmania any type of exclusive time line... I'm just waiting until all is well before letting everybody know here.  

You can of course at any time click on the "Me on Fictionmania" link in my links section to go to my author page.  

I hope you enjoy the whole Fable idea, the Fable header graphic, and specifically enjoy Opals and Pearls!

No comments:

Post a Comment