Sunday, April 17, 2011

I swear... this one started off as a more serious cap.

So I'm feeling pretty good.  I made a cap yesterday, and still felt like capping.  I found this image rather quickly, and loved just about everything in it.  Love the cute girl, love the pose, love the books in the background, love the tats... everything!

The first thing I thought of was a guy getting transformed by a curse.  His guidance counselor or lit professor curses him as a woman, and the only way to get out of it was either give him a blow job or read a long list of literature.  I gave that a swing, but I realized to write it out the way I wanted, it would be fairly long.  So I changed it up a bit.  He gets a list from this counselor or professor, and each book changes him.  I liked it so I looked up a bunch of titles for literary works (and no.. I haven't read any of the books listed in this cap).  I picked out titles that I could at least give a nod to transformation.  But again... it just felt to serious.  I guess I was in a 'funny' mood because while writing out the list of books and lining them up with the transformations, I added the 'last' book here.  Once I wrote it, I chuckled at it.... and then wrote the last tow paragraphs here.  I didn't hate it, and it did make me chuckle.

I swear... I didn't think 'funny' when I started, but it is where the story took me.  I had already set up the design with the medium green background (hopefully helping emphasize the tattoo) and the classic font for the title.  If I were planning on funny, I owuld have used a lighter color, and a more 'fun' title font.  But once I dropped the text in, I realized the design still worked.  It was a contrast to the guy thinking his way through this story.  Serious design... funny story.  Serious books... sexy woman.

It worked for me!

3 comments:

  1. "Giggle" that's was a funny cap Caitlyn i love it, i didn't read those books too, gotta give it a try who knows? :3
    And yup the green font works quite well, i'm still playing with fonts and colors while trying not to mess up the readability and prettiness at the same time it's quite hard to find the perfect match.
    Hugs and Kisses Alectra

    P.S: I just only asked the country not your complete direction, it's not like i have a need to go to your house and tie you up to the table to finish your caps :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's how stories are, really. You they sort of take on a life of their own, and you never know where they will end up. Some of my 'best' captions have been ones that started with a simple picture that inspired a single thought and then evolved from there.

    ReplyDelete