Sunday, May 19, 2019

Vanity

Deadly sins get such a bad rap


The genesis of any cap is unique, but I don't think I've ever started with the idea of one after reading about a new breed of geriatric women who still demand to look and feel good about themselves.  But hey, this New York Times article did just that.  Or at the very least it's headline inspired me.  I mean come on... "Vanity is not a deadly sin"?  Who, among us, doesn't immediately think of a secret Illuminati style group of women who transform men into vanity loving women?

It wasn't hard to find an image of a glamorously made up woman using a simple Google image search with the query "spectacularly glamorous woman."  As for the design, well the image was just made for this type of layout.  I probably would have gone a different way but I've been going through my old caps and saw several in this design and I honestly kind of miss it.

Now, why am I going through my old caps?  It's not a pure nostalgic trip down memory lane (although it IS a trip!).  No, I've been talking recently about a longer form story (in the write ups for "I'll Teach You..." and "Customer Service: Tech Support") involving the dual perspectives of a guy getting transformed and the guy he has to fool and date.  Well, I vaguely remember making a cap that kind of leaned in this direction.  But I don't remember it's name.  Or it's layout.  Or any specific components that would lead to specific labels.  Here's what I remember:


  • A guy is slowly getting transformed by his girlfriend
  • He has to go step by step further down the road of femininity
  • He eventually has to double date another guy with his girlfriend
  • Those relationships keep going while the guy is falling in love with our hero(ine)
  • I specifically remember leaning into the next step involving a blow job or having just experienced a blow job, going to a wedding

If you know my work you probably recognize that I've touched on these points several times before.  And at this point I've made about 500 caps and around 140 obscuras.  That's over 600 'stories' to look through.   But I figured it would be worth it to just skim through my caps and see if it pops out to me.  It didn't.  I tried to narrow it down using labels that I thought might be appropriate like "Blow Job" or "Technology", but that didn't turn up anything either.  I scanned through all the titles of the caps (as I'm fairly certain this was a cap and not an obscura), but none looked right.  

I probably should have given up the search at that point.  Hell, I might be thinking about a cap someone else made that really called out to me because it felt like my own writing!  But no, I had wasted several hours on this search so far, so I decided to read through EVERY cap I'd made.  I'd do this in the mornings before going to work (talk about setting a mood for work!), and I'm getting through between 5 and 15 caps a time.  I started at the bottom or 'beginning' of my caps and some are easy to dismiss as wrong, but I don't want to get to the end of this list and not find it and wonder if it's one of the ones I skipped so I'm reading through every single cap I've made....

(...I just had a horrible thought.  What if this is a cap that I made and it would fit into those categories or lables I've listed but it isn't on the site because it's one of the ones I made for the Haven and never posted here?  Ah fuck...)

...and it's really revving me up for with an eye for design and story telling.  For instance, I knew I was more into the humiliation aspect when I started this almost 10 years (!!!) ago, but I didn't realize how overt I was about it.  

Anyway... if I find the cap I'm looking for, I'll either mention it in a future post or I'll come back and edit this one.  I started telling you all of this because this layout is a call back to one I've used before.  Specifically "Exec to Sec" which I made in 2009 and was my first trade ever at the Haven. Sure, I've done this style a lot better since that one, but having the text curve around the photos is a VERY old idea for me.  



I hope you like the cap and I really hope I find the cap/story/obscura that I'm looking for.  In the meantime, Ta Ta!


-----------------------------------------------------
FOUND IT!

So I realized my 'Non Cap Posts' page hadn't been updated since 2014 and I wanted to quickly go through and find those posts to add to it.  I'm also considering re-writing from scratch my 'Behind the Mask' bio page, but that's for another time. 

Anyway, while scrolling backwards through my posts I found a few title graphics that intrigued me including one for an Obscura called 'One Lie Leads To Another' and once I clicked on it and read the first few lines I knew I'd found the damned 'cap' I'd been looking for! 

So in retrospect, I was wrong about several things.
  • A guy is slowly getting transformed by his girlfriend
    • Nope.  He quickly went cross dressing and fooled everybody.  Only later does his 'boyfriend' start transforming him via hormones
  • He has to go step by step further down the road of femininity
    • Kind of?  It's less about step by step and more about lie after lie.  Lies about having a boyfriend, not having a boyfriend, wanting to be hooked up with a boyfriend, about being on his period (leading to a BJ), about wanting to transition and accepting hormones, about being a virgin and wanting his boyfriend to take his virginity. 
    • Definitely a 'road of femininity'
  • He eventually has to double date another guy with his girlfriend
    • Yes!
  • Those relationships keep going while the guy is falling in love with our hero(ine)
    • Yes!
  • I specifically remember leaning into the next step involving a blow job or having just experienced a blow job, going to a wedding
    • Actually the BJ came (heh) earlier and the wedding was particularly crushing
Overall it's a fun Obscura.  A little hot, a little squirmy.  It's also a sign of what would eventually happen to my Obscura... I actually mention in a comment that I probably took it to far for an Obscura.  While yes, its 5 paragraphs is long for a cap, its downright short compared to some of the stories I've now written as Obscura.  

Anyway, click above and I hope you enjoy it!
-----------------------------------------------------

1 comment: