Thursday, September 27, 2012

Denial... not a river in egypt

And spelling isn't the only difference!

So I have this picture that I found from fuskator awhile back.  I have a pretty good idea for the story, but it's just not gelling.  I'm not going to give up on it, but after trying to make the story work yesterday and failing, I saved what I had and moved on.

This morning I figured what I might need is a jump start.  Just a fun quick cap to get the juices flowing (creative juices that is.... well o.k. those juices too!).  So I did a quick search for a photo.  Unlike most image searches I wasn't looking for a 'good' story... really Just a set up and punch line.  And when I saw this image I got "Hey, under all this girly stuff I'm still all man.  I just hope that my date that Simone set up for me can see that!"

But as often happens, when I went to write it out and get the tone down just right (girl?  Maybe feminine instead?  Should I use 'Mistress Simone' instead of just 'Simone'?) I found myself wanting to add in more details.  Some fun little squirmy things kept coming out.  And since I wasn't focused on making a 'good' or even really a 'clever' cap, I just went with it.  And the more I wrote, the more I realized that I had a pretty good story going.  It certainly isn't complex... just setting up how he feels that he is still a guy, then have him refute his own statement all the while showing everything he had gone through.  I did finally decide to drop 'Mistress' from Simone's name since she didn't seem to be forcing him.  But since the tone still came from me thinking of THE Mistress Simone, I left her name in as an homage.

As the story didn't really have a good beginning or real ending, I had to do a bit of editing but the story came out easily enough once I got going.  For a fun quick cap, I think it came out really well.  I'm just hoping that now that I've gotten a good cap out, that I haven't burned away my capping mood and can still put out that other cap later today.

6 comments:

  1. For goodness sake Caitlyn! That is a lovely caption. Stop stressing yourself about details when you are so good at writing and designing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry for complaining so much. I just want my 'intention' to match up with the final work. And since this isn't anywhere near what I intended to make, it can't be a full success. But thank you for your compliments!

      Delete
  2. Oh sweetie, your date is going to be sooo turned on when he sees a sexy girl like you talking about a 4-3 defense,or a 3-4...a 5 man front might be a little intimidating *giggle*...but he's going to think it's hot anyway. There's no more tight end for you girl. Maybe soft sweet end...butt, I don't think there is a position for that...ummmm, *giggle* maybe slot receiver. Awww, don't look at me like that. You've been practicing so hard for your new position...didn't you want to make the team Caitlyn? There's that lovely smile. You are going to just love Fellatio...ummm... no sweetie, *lol* that's not a Shakespeare play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! Love the line about Shakespeare! This would make a good beginning for a second panel. Sadly the image set is part of a solo set, so there is no 'date' to actually send her on.

      Delete
  3. I agree with Anne. You are really far too hard on yourself Caitlyn. This cap is amazingly sexy, and that's not even counting my bias towards the model!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kyra! I don't know that I'll ever NOT be hard on myself. I have a goal for caps and part of what drives me to make them good is that goal. So if they don't reach it, then I have to be hard on myself so that I'll do better next time.

      Delete