Sunday, December 19, 2010

Ballerina Temptress

Two continuous transformations, one cap!

This is one of the rare image that I have come across many times in Google Images.  It always seems to pop up, and every time I take a look at it and think to myself 'that would make a great image for someone to cap!'.

Well I haven't seen it capped before, so I went ahead and made it.  I had a long standing debt with Courtney, and decided that this image would be nice for her.  Its very sexy without being XXX rated.

I recall starting out with a magic spell that went wrong when two people read two different descriptions at the same time, but it just didn't come out well.  After the third attempt, I decided I needed a different approach. The big problm was the layout of the image.  I really liked using the negative space around the dancer, but it felt odd with the first half of hte story on the left, and the second half on the right.  Then I realized that I didn't need to do it that way if I just ditched the introduction.  Leave the 'how did Erik get into this situation' to the readers own devices.  Then I could have the conversation go back and forth on either side.  Once I had that, I just started using the 'descriptions' I mentioned earlier as a back and fort conversation.  I had to tweak it a bit so that each conversation went in the same direction.

Now that I had the meat of the story, I wanted to write it a bit from Erik's perspective.  So I wrote the black text while reading from the purple and red text.  That way he was describing the tranformation as they were talking about it.

When I finished with the black text, I assumed I was finished.  I even went so far as to save the Photoshop file, and saving a copy for the Haven.  But just as I was posting it I decided (thankfully) that it deserved another re-read.  At the end I felt a little let down.  The cap was entirely about the present moment, and I really felt it needed at least a nod toward the future.  So after thinking a bit, I came up with the 'third' woman and her last line.

NOW it was finished.  For a clean cap, I really enjoyed this one.  I don't know if I would call it one of my favs as I really enjoy a naughty scene in my caps.  But that is the only thing I see as lacking in this.

1 comment: